Monday, November 18, 2013

MINIMALISM.



Greetings from the middle of nowhere.
Okay, I exaggerate, but not by much. My new housemate once in possession of our collective monies decided to panic and ignore all advise from professional architect and avid pinterestor yours truly, and signed us down to a 4 month sentence of hard commute with no chance of parole in a middle aged neighbourhood! 
There are no gyms, no chain stores (I dunno how I'm going to cope without my saturday Tusky's vanilla muffin), poor network reception, the last taxi stage is like a 10 mins bike ride away... along a feeder road (!), and the straw that broke this camel's back; there no carpentry shops!
How am I supposed to supervise the making of my masterpieces that will become heirlooms once I leave this mortal coil if the carpentry place is not within walking distance???

On raising my concerns with housemate dearest he texted back, "Chill that DIY crap of yours, we should get leather sofas. I think there's a place along Jinja road with a set for 3.6m ..."
That text alone (3.6m!!! Leather???) sent me online to soothe my frazzled nerves. 
I have to convince him to see the error of his ways. I have to. I mean, have you seen those sofas? They always make me think of the strain on shirt buttons when someone has over eaten. These on the other hand ...

In a perfect world, this is how my new home would look like. Neutrals - Black+White, natural wood, chrome.



And upon getting more money I'd upgrade to this. Clean lines, earth tones, clutter free.
Curves can complement lines without being clunky. I can deal with this.



-Ditto-

And if I must go the plush  furniture route, I'd want the pitstop to be this white quilted lounge.

Clean lines, natural fabrics and natural palettes are so underrated! The first is my favourite. It looks good, seems to have great ergonomics vis-à-vis back support, AND appears easy to clean!
Also I must say it matches my stackable beds (which will be debuted here soon as my room is blog worthy) and, I can't emphasise this enough, what you see is what you get! None of that nonsensical saw dust stuffing and rotten wood frames disguised by great upholstery you get with most Ugandan Carpentry shops. I think this is the reason I'm averse to arm rests. So I just have to convince my dear new housemate that I know best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios. Powered by Blogger