Tuesday, July 14, 2015

AW x UG Bloggers Style Uniform Challenge


Fashion icons such as Vogue Editors like Anna Wintour and Emanuelle Alt, designers like Victoria Beckham and Karl Lagerfeld, and stars like Janelle Monae and Rooney Mara all have a style that they favour and wear again and again until it becomes a uniform of sorts. Having a style uniform saves a lot of time and takes the fretting and second guessing out of getting ready because once you find a look that works for you, you’re always confident about your appearance. As fashion consultant Yasmin Sewell put it, “too much choice clouds your judgement – if you know what works for your body, that’s half the battle.”


So when AW suggested Style Uniform collaboration as this month’s Ug Blogger challenge I knew exactly which look to reach for. I have long favoured formfitting silhouettes because I have narrow hips and therefore aim to emphasize whatever curves I have so my go-to look is a stretchy fit midi dress with minimal embellishments in a neutral colour like white, beige, grey or black. I feel the midi hem hits my calf at exactly the right point to showcase my legs in the best way despite my 5’3” frame. I normally accessorize this with a printed blazer or one in a primary hue to introduce that pop of colour and finish off the look with comfortable chunky heeled shoes. This look is both stylish and practical and can take me from office to drinks with the girls as I can keep it minimal and bare for work then layer on the accessories when the occasion calls for it.

OUTFIT DETAILS
Dress: Mr Price||Blazer: Qualicel || Shoes: Ivory Plaza|| Neckpiece – Gazaland|| Wallet – Lady D|| Rings – The Party House.

ION, I got crochet braids installed in anticipation for the Paple Rayn Hub launch party but for some reason this time round I’m finding them so distracting...and not in a good way. Feeling a bit like a lollipop to be honest. Idk, maybe I’ll give them a trim between now and then.

Enough about me. Do check out other bloggers taking part in this challenge at the links below. and the African Woman article here.
Thanks for stopping by. Peace and Love.

Faith at PurelyGalore

Maya at ItsMayaBee

Tracy at TreycsMusings

Yvonne at ChicMomentsUg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios. Powered by Blogger