Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Under The Sea


I just rewatched The Little Mermaid right before prepping this post so bear with me while I indulge my inner Sebastian a bit ...


♫...Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me...

...Just look at the world around you
Right here on the ocean floor
Such wonderful things surround you
What more is you lookin' for?...

...Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin'
Full time to floatin'
Under the sea... 


Aaaah, a reggae  singing crab will make my day anytime. Also, that movie just turned me vegetarian again. But enough of that, lets move on to Fresh2o campaign shoot for World Water Day.


Candice shot Keira, Kelly, Kimberly, and Lily underwater for this campaign

ANTM is just the best of guilt pleasures


I think 60% of everything I know about fashion photography and modeling I learnt from watching ANTM. It might contain massive doses of dreckitude most times but you have to admit Tyra really knows what she’s doing. I think ANTM has had like 4 underwater shoots, (most recent being cycle 15, right? I hope they do one for the CoEd cycle! Grrrr)or something and I never realized how good those aspiring models were til I saw photographer Candice’s shoot for Fresh2o to commemorate World Water Day on March 22. Any one of these below would have sold this.





Anyway, Candice shot models Kelly Brook, Kimberly Stewart and Lily Cole as well as actress Keira Knightley underwater for this campaign with various props such as stickmen cut outs for Lily Cole and film reels for Keira. The sites also seem different cuz we have a mermaid Kelly frolicking among ruins while Kimberly (I keep almost writing Kristen, lol) is shot reclining against blue tiled pool steps.

If they put that tail on me I'd just sink like a stone! Effortless floatation is one of the many things that still elude me!
Kimberly gives good face! That reclining shot is as if she's on a chaise lounge not submerged under a pool holding her breath and trying not to swallow chlorinated water!


I'm not sold on the shoes but as Tyra would say, she's modelling from H to T!
What can't Keira do?
The shoot aims to raise awareness about the global water crisis. Over 5,000 children die each day and billions of impoverished people are without access to fresh water! Makes you pause and think, doesn’t it? To contribute, go to www.fresh2o.org. And now I'm off to re-watch some of my favourite cycles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios. Powered by Blogger