Monday, March 30, 2015

I ♡ T-SHIRT DRESSES

1 Dress, 6 Looks: Vampy, Beachy Vibes, On the Go, Simplicity, Work Flow, and Date Night.

Question: If you could only wear one item of clothing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Answer: T-Shirt dresses. Hands down. No contest.

I love me some T Shirt dresses, all day every day. So much so that I'm making my first styling post about this versatile closet staple. Well, it doesn't always feature in the *closet classics every woman should own* list but it should! Allow me to tell you why.
This silhouette is flattering to all body types - pear, hour glass, boxy - you name it. It's also one of the few items a lady can wear pre-maternity, during and after. Now if that isn't a win I dunno what is.


Saving the best for last, the T Shirt dress is like the LBD but better. In that it can be worn as is, or can take pretty much most accessories to suit the occassion as I'm going to showcase in the 6 different ways I've styled it. Now, here is where it gets the edge over the LBD, it doesn't have to be a solid colour to look chic as seen in the heart print of this little number, you can also go wild with a loud mixed print like this tropical inspired one I wore over the christmas holidays. Are you sold, or are you SOLD?

LOOK 1: SIMPLICITY
This minimal look with barely any accessorizing going on is as easy as Sunday morning. I basically just slipped on the dress and was ready to spend a chill Sunday just lounging on the couch with my book. And yet I still looked presentable enough to pose for pics at a second's notice ;)




OUTFIT DETAILS
Dress: Ivory Plaza || Shoes: Random Vendor at Shell Kireka || Book: The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman.


LOOK 2: VAMPY
I amped up the edge here to pull off a moody no nonsense look that downplayed the heart print on the dress. Usually hearts come off as too cutesy, but with the right accessories such as a leather jacket and studded ankle boots they can be made edgy too. A dark lip and an ear cuff was all that was needed to finish off the look.





OUTFIT DETAILS:
Jacket: Gift || Boots: Gift || Tights: Kenjoy Bukoto || Rings: The Party House, Acacia Mall 

Look out for the next posts featuring the other looks in my Tshirt dress series. As always, thanks for stopping by.
Peace & Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by Feeric Studios. Powered by Blogger