Monday, February 11, 2013

Ducking for Apples

Oh, the title has nothing to do with this post. I just always find I can take any quote of Dorothy Parker and randomly insert it into my day and it will make perfect sense. Speaking of DP, in an ideal world, I'd develop and alter ego to write this blog that would be a combination of Dorothy Parker, Frieda Kahlo, Lena Dunham, Solange and Warsan Shire. It would be insanely epic! In fact, that is my answer to the question "If you were to have dinner with any 5 women, living or dead, who would they be and why?" I doubt I'd contribute anything worthwhile to the conversation except swap hair tips with Solange and Warsan while keeping my ears alert to catch Kahlo and Parker sound bites while Lena catches them up to how the millenials do it.

Stalling and wishful thinking aside, I'm trying to sort through the gazillion pics of randoms I took at the wedding on Saturday in order to come up with tomorrow's post. It ain't no easy task believe me! And after that I have the Baftas, the Grammy's and NYFW pics to browse and come up with an inspiration board. All on top of my day job! Mercy me! Now I know why once they start making money off it, the best bloggers make it their full time job! Anyway, til then, I figure if you're anything like me, you'll find it epic that Helen Mirren's new pink rinse was inspired by Lil Sophie of ANTM 18. In the Dame's own words...

For the umpteenth the, when I grow up, I want to be this!!!

Also this happened last week. Kidman and Oldman on the same couch! Hah!



2 comments:

  1. If Helen Mirren actually uttered the words,'Sophie Sumner inspired my hair',am afraid we will never hear the end of it from one Tyra Banks on next cycle's ANTM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This alone is reason enough for me to tune in for ANTM20. At this rate even the guys will get pink makeovers and she will say "If my decision was good nought for Helen Mirren, its good enough for you!" Then Cutrone will burg in with a snarky "unless you're committed to defending mediocrity" or a variation on that

      Delete

Theme created by Feeric Studios. Powered by Blogger